This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm
Thread poster: Huw Watkins

Huw Watkins  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:22
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
Jan 28, 2014

I am currently using SDL Trados Studio 2011. Just the other day I had all sorts of problems as I was finishing a large job where Studio essentially crashed with one of those horrible "Out of Memory Exceptions" that seem to plague this software, followed by "Unexpected error when detecting file type for file XXX. Unexpected end of file has occurred. The following elements are not closed: internal-file, reference, header, file, xliff. Line XXXXX, position X."

This happened twice (!!) and caused me no end of bother and lost time and the client was really not very happy.

Now, to add insult to injury, Studio won't allow me to open any termbases either, both in ongoing projects or new ones, saying "This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm". This error message starting popping up the second time I got the two error messages mentioned above.

Oddly enough when I open the multiterm application, it opens the termbases in question fine.

I haven't updated Java or anything else of late, so it's all baffling me.

Does anyone have any ideas what is happening here? A solution would be really very welcome.

Gisele do Nascimento
Local time: 04:22
English to Portuguese
From SDL Community May 9

This is a propposed solution. It's working for me, I hope it helps:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/91/t/10312

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

This termbase cannot be opened because it has been created with an unsupported version of MultiTerm

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search