Thread poster: Hanneke Lustig

Hanneke Lustig  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 16:12
Member (2014)
English to Dutch
Jan 28, 2014

Hi all,
My very first translation in studio 2014 and running into trouble already. The target cannot be saved due to an error that reads something like: begincode commentrange line 7, position 38 does not match end code cf line 7, position 108 (in Dutch like: de begincode commentrange op regel 7, positie 38, komt niet overeen met de eindcode cf. Regel 7, positie 108.) This is abracadabra to me.

I'm translating a table in Word.
I checked F8, no problems. Translation unit 7 does not contain tags. (What does line 7 refer to?)

Anyone? I'd be most grateful.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Symbols, file formats and blog post Jan 28, 2014

Check for any unusual symbols in the source file (especially in segment 7). Delete them and run the file through Studio again (you'll have it in the TM). Add the symbols back again in the translated file.

Also, you could try converting the source file from .doc to .docx or viceversa, and see if that helps.

If not, you may find Jayne Fox's blog post helpful:
http://foxdocs.biz/BetweenTranslations/studio-steps-making-sure-you-can-save-the-target-file/

Hanneke Lustig  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2014)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Emma - comments bug studio 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Thanks a lot Emma!

It appeared to be a bug in the new comments feature. In the end I had to delete all of them. That did the trick. Pity I lost my comments...

That is a great link, by the way!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save target in Studio 2014 - urgent

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search