Thread poster: Hanneke Lustig

Hanneke Lustig  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:59
Member (2014)
English to Dutch
Jan 28, 2014

Hi all,
My very first translation in studio 2014 and running into trouble already. The target cannot be saved due to an error that reads something like: begincode commentrange line 7, position 38 does not match end code cf line 7, position 108 (in Dutch like: de begincode commentrange op regel 7, positie 38, komt niet overeen met de eindcode cf. Regel 7, positie 108.) This is abracadabra to me.

I'm translating a table in Word.
I checked F8, no problems. Translation unit 7 does not contain tags. (What does line 7 refer to?)

Anyone? I'd be most grateful.

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Symbols, file formats and blog post Jan 28, 2014

Check for any unusual symbols in the source file (especially in segment 7). Delete them and run the file through Studio again (you'll have it in the TM). Add the symbols back again in the translated file.

Also, you could try converting the source file from .doc to .docx or viceversa, and see if that helps.

If not, you may find Jayne Fox's blog post helpful:
http://foxdocs.biz/BetweenTranslations/studio-steps-making-sure-you-can-save-the-target-file/

Hanneke Lustig  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2014)
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Emma - comments bug studio 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Thanks a lot Emma!

It appeared to be a bug in the new comments feature. In the end I had to delete all of them. That did the trick. Pity I lost my comments...

That is a great link, by the way!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save target in Studio 2014 - urgent

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search