How do I create an .ini file from a DTD?
Thread poster: Marketing-Lang.

Marketing-Lang.  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:34
English to German
+ ...
Jan 29, 2014

I've been searching for tips on this for hours, but what I have found isn't working for me.

Following the information found here at Proz, I've gone back to Trados 2007 to try and import my client's DTD and produce an INI file.

If I use the Tag Settings Wizard (Workbench > TM options > Tools > Tag Settings) to create the new settings, my attempt to import the client's DTD gives the response:
"No new tag information found. All tags and attributes are covered by the available tag settings."

(Or words to that effect - I'm using the German GUI).

OK, I think, no problem - I'll just open one of my client's XML files. The response:
"This document contains the unknown document type declaration 'xyz'. Tag settings for this document type not yet defined. Would you like to make these settings now?"

If I click on "Yes", I land in the Tag Settings Wizard - and I can start all over again.

Can anybody help me here?

With thanks in advance,
-Mike-

PS Why can't Studio work directly with DTDs? They are defined in every XML file! (At least the ones I've seen so far...)

[Edited at 2014-01-29 13:36 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:34
English
For now you have to... Jan 30, 2014

Marketing-Lang. wrote:

PS Why can't Studio work directly with DTDs? They are defined in every XML file! (At least the ones I've seen so far...)

... create an ini in Trados 2007 if you have this, and then add the ini to Studio to create the new filetype. But this will be updated soon and it will be possible to create the filetype in Studio 2014 directly from a DTD. I have no dates yet but it will be the next free update we do.

I meant to add that you can also create the ini using SDL LegIT! if you don't have Trados 2007 : http://goo.gl/orkoo1

Regards

Paul

[Edited at 2014-01-30 16:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I create an .ini file from a DTD?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search