How do I convert or export my Studio 2014 files so they can be used in Trados 2007 or 2009
Thread poster: E. Novesky

E. Novesky  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:25
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
Jan 29, 2014

I just got Trados Studio 2014, but my client still uses Trados 2007. When I sent them my completed files, they were not able to review them (they asked for clean and unclean, but I can only send them clean). My exported TM doesn't even work for them, because the segmenetation is different. When I try to use the SDL TTX it! tool, I get an error message that says "Settings file invalid or not found".. any ideas? I just bought this software and am very frustrated!
Thanks.

[Edited at 2014-01-29 16:09 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:25
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Not Jan 29, 2014

I am not the biggest expert in the field, but for as far I know you can convert from 2007 to Studio (did it myself), but not the other way around.

If your client works with Trados 2007, I would suggest you do the same.

E. Novesky  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:25
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Too late Jan 29, 2014

I already spent the money on Studio 2014 (didn't have any Trados before), and I'm working on a Windows 8 computer, does Trados 2007 even run in Windows 8? I was told I might have problems, even if they could provide me with the Trados 2007.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Legit will work Jan 29, 2014

hi, if you go to the Welcome tab in Studio 2014, you will find the Open-exchange app SDL Legit. this app has the possibility of creating bilingual Trados 7-like word docs using a .sdlxliff file.
do give it a try, it should work.
there are also other apps on Open-exchange that will let you convert Studio TMs in Trados 7 TMs.

good luck!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
LegIt app Jan 29, 2014

E. Novesky wrote:

I just got Trados Studio 2014, but my client still uses Trados 2007. When I sent them my completed files, they were not able to review them (they asked for clean and unclean, but I can only send them clean).

This shouldn't be a problem. Go to SDL Open Exchange, download LegIt and convert your file to bilingual doc or ttx.
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdllegit-453.html?c=44265#44265

By the way, Trados 2007 will run in Win 8. You need to make sure your Office version is 32-bit. But I wouldn't recommend going that way. You made the right decision to get Studio 2014.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try with SDL Legit Jan 29, 2014

I think that the tool you would need is "SDL Legit"

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdllegit-453.html

I haven't tried it but it seems to do what you need.

There is also an article about it in Paul Filkin's blog:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2013/09/30/life-without-trados/

I hope this helps!

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I convert or export my Studio 2014 files so they can be used in Trados 2007 or 2009

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search