How do I convert or export my Studio 2014 files so they can be used in Trados 2007 or 2009
Thread poster: E. Novesky

E. Novesky  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:59
Spanish to English
Jan 29, 2014

I just got Trados Studio 2014, but my client still uses Trados 2007. When I sent them my completed files, they were not able to review them (they asked for clean and unclean, but I can only send them clean). My exported TM doesn't even work for them, because the segmenetation is different. When I try to use the SDL TTX it! tool, I get an error message that says "Settings file invalid or not found".. any ideas? I just bought this software and am very frustrated!
Thanks.

[Edited at 2014-01-29 16:09 GMT]

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:59
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Not Jan 29, 2014

I am not the biggest expert in the field, but for as far I know you can convert from 2007 to Studio (did it myself), but not the other way around.

If your client works with Trados 2007, I would suggest you do the same.

E. Novesky  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:59
Spanish to English
TOPIC STARTER
Too late Jan 29, 2014

I already spent the money on Studio 2014 (didn't have any Trados before), and I'm working on a Windows 8 computer, does Trados 2007 even run in Windows 8? I was told I might have problems, even if they could provide me with the Trados 2007.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
SDL Legit will work Jan 29, 2014

hi, if you go to the Welcome tab in Studio 2014, you will find the Open-exchange app SDL Legit. this app has the possibility of creating bilingual Trados 7-like word docs using a .sdlxliff file.
do give it a try, it should work.
there are also other apps on Open-exchange that will let you convert Studio TMs in Trados 7 TMs.

good luck!

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
LegIt app Jan 29, 2014

E. Novesky wrote:

I just got Trados Studio 2014, but my client still uses Trados 2007. When I sent them my completed files, they were not able to review them (they asked for clean and unclean, but I can only send them clean).

This shouldn't be a problem. Go to SDL Open Exchange, download LegIt and convert your file to bilingual doc or ttx.
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdllegit-453.html?c=44265#44265

By the way, Trados 2007 will run in Win 8. You need to make sure your Office version is 32-bit. But I wouldn't recommend going that way. You made the right decision to get Studio 2014.

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Try with SDL Legit Jan 29, 2014

I think that the tool you would need is "SDL Legit"

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/sdllegit-453.html

I haven't tried it but it seems to do what you need.

There is also an article about it in Paul Filkin's blog:

http://multifarious.filkin.com/2013/09/30/life-without-trados/

I hope this helps!

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I convert or export my Studio 2014 files so they can be used in Trados 2007 or 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search