Using a ref TM along with a Project TM (2011)
Thread poster: Michael Harris

Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:29
Member (2006)
German to English
Jan 30, 2014

I am having trouble getting my ref TM activated after reading in a project with project TM.

I keep getting the message that I have to process the list of the translation memorys for this language pair at the level of the individual language pair

Now it seems to be activated in the upper section of the window as well as the project TM being active in the bottom section "Language pairs with other translation sources"

It would be great if anyone could help me here as I could not find anything in the forum

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
No problem... Jan 30, 2014

... this is just telling you that you are adding a TM at the All Language Pairs level when you already have one being used in the Specific Language Pairs. So if you leave it there it will not use the settings that might be different for the specific one.

It’s not a problem, it’s just a reminder. All language Pairs is the default and settings in here will always be used for all TMs added... unless a specific language pair is used. Most of the time I’d advise not using specific language pairs because it can be confusing, but if you are just adding your TM don't worry. It will be fine to ignore the message.

Regards

Paul

Michael Harris  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Not active Jan 31, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

Although the project TM is active and being used, my ref tm is active, but cannot be used, e.g., for concordance searches, etc.
That is the problem that I have

If you have any tips I would be grateful.

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using a ref TM along with a Project TM (2011)

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search