Concordance search in Studio
Thread poster: Henning Holthusen

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 05:51
English to German
+ ...
Feb 1, 2014

I was wondering if there was any way of improving my concordance search results in Studio (2014).
There's essentially two problems:

1. Terminology doesn't get found even though it's in there. I know that it's in there because I can search the TM under the "Translation Memory View" and find the terminology. However, it is very cumbersome to switch views, of course I have to enter the term again and it's relatively slow. Is there any way to force Studio to do a "dumb" TM concordance search like it does under the Translation Memory View?

2. It can be very difficult to find terminology consisting of two words (e.g. "capital requirements"), especially if those words are individually very common in the TM, because apparently Studio doesn't care about the positioning of the word within a sentence, so I tend to get a lot of useless hits with sentences where both words are present but of course not standing next to each other.
Is it in any way possible to force the concordance search to look for two words like they were one term? On Google you can do this with quotation marks, but that doesn't work.

Alternatively, is there any third-party product that could be conveniently integrated into the work flow and that's faster than the "Translation Memory View" search, which is relatively slow?
The whole TM management system of Studio seems to be very inefficient. I copied my TM on a RAM disc, and yet that seemed to have zero effect on search speed. Where's the bottleneck coming from?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concordance search in Studio

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search