Show most recent matches first in Trados 2014/2011
Thread poster: Hugo Zwaenepoel

Hugo Zwaenepoel
Belgium
Local time: 09:04
Feb 4, 2014

Hi,

In SDL Trados 2014 (or 2011), how do you change the settings so that the most recent matches are shown first in the translations results window?

thanks
Hugo

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:04
English
TM results... Feb 4, 2014

... are shown in order of match value first and then order in which they were found next. There isn't a filter to allow you to sort in date order, although I agree this would be a neat feature.

What you can do however is set a filter on the TM to only show results in a particular time period so then you can restrict it a little. But this may not be helpful if you don't know when they were entered, you just want the latest ones first.

Regards

Paul

Henning Holthusen  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 15:04
English to German
+ ...
Is this is another of those features that didn't make it from Trados 2007? Feb 5, 2014

I believe in Trados 2007 you could prioritize by recentness of matches, right?
Perhaps before adding new functions, SDL should make sure to add all key functionality of 2007 back in.

PapagenoX
Local time: 00:04
No kidding Feb 5, 2014

Henning Holthusen wrote:

I believe in Trados 2007 you could prioritize by recentness of matches, right?
Perhaps before adding new functions, SDL should make sure to add all key functionality of 2007 back in.

Yeah, no kidding. I find that 2011's bells and whistles must be great if you run an agency or something, but if you're an actual translator, not so much. Being able to insert SGML entities in a translation was a lot easier in 2007: if it was called out in the .ini, there it was available under a handy "insert entity" menu. You could even edit tag info if you needed to.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Show most recent matches first in Trados 2014/2011

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search