How to become SDL TRADOS Translator's Workbench Certified?
Thread poster: Sarah McDowell

Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 00:40
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 5, 2014

I was wondering how someone can become SDL TRADOS Translator's Workbench Certified. I have a certificate from attending an SDL Trados training course but I'm not sure if this is the same thing as being Certified for Translator's Workbench. The reason I'm asking is because there is a project that I wanted to submit an application for but it requires this Certified status.

Direct link Reply with quote

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:40
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Link for purchasing the examination Feb 6, 2014

Dear Sarah

You have the option to purchase the examination that will provide you the required certification. Just log in to your account in SDL My Account > My Certification and Training. There you will see the various options of certifications that can be purchased. The one you need is at the bottom of the page. The examination consists of 40 questions, with a minimun pass grade of 30.

http://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/promotion.aspx?PromotionCode=sdl-certification-exam

Sometimes the certification is required in order to verify that you really own a SDL Licence.

Regards

Clarisa

Davidrainey
Australia
Use the trading manuals to study Feb 6, 2014

Sarah McDowell wrote:

I was wondering how someone can become SDL TRADOS Translator's Workbench Certified. I have a certificate from attending an SDL Trados training course but I'm not sure if this is the same thing as being Certified for Translator's Workbench. The reason I'm asking is because there is a project that I wanted to submit an application for but it requires this Certified status.

Sarah.... You can easily use the trading manuals to study. You can download them off your SDL account. When you enter into your account, there is a section where you can take a placement exam. If you bought the program with the certification program included you can take the exam with no additional cost. If not, they sell a courseware + exam.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:40
English
Just one thing... Feb 6, 2014

... the user specifically asked about "SDL TRADOS Translator's Workbench" certification. This is no longer available through SDL as this product is not even supported anymore, and has not been sold for some time.

So certification for SDL Trados Studio and MultiTerm is of course no problem. But there is no facility for achieving this though the older tools.

It may also be worth noting again that unless you have to connect directly to a server based on these old Technologies then you probably do not require Translators Workbench for any work... it may be something you are used to and like to use, but it is most likely not essential.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to become SDL TRADOS Translator's Workbench Certified?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search