URGENT - Studio 2011 "can't find project"
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:56
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2014

I was doing fine on a Studio 2011 project with a restricted-access customer server TM until I got curious about how much I had left to translate. So I cut out the part I had left to translate on the second-last file, gave it a different name, and tried to analyse it in Studio 2011. Not only would it not let me analyse it, but I now find that whenever I call up the main file I'm translating, Studio claims it can't find it. As soon as I try to translate the next segment or even confirm any other segments translated, it says this. What the hell have I done????

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All files are affected Feb 7, 2014

I have just noticed that this affects even the files I have done and delivered. I still have a couple to do, but I was thinking of doing the thing manually and leaving Studio 2011 in background for terminology purposes, but I see that a file on the same TM that I translated and delivered two days ago and haven't touched since gives me the no-no as well.

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me again - the solution Feb 7, 2014

... I even found that Studio 2011 would not shut down, so I did a forced shutdown in disgust, mentally resigning myself to do the rest manually in Word. But, surprise surprise, it was as though nothing had happened when I called up a couple of in-process documents, and everything as normal. Don't know what to make of all this, but glad it all worked out.

Best regards and have a splendid weekend,

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT - Studio 2011 "can't find project"

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search