URGENT - Studio 2011 "can't find project"
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2014

I was doing fine on a Studio 2011 project with a restricted-access customer server TM until I got curious about how much I had left to translate. So I cut out the part I had left to translate on the second-last file, gave it a different name, and tried to analyse it in Studio 2011. Not only would it not let me analyse it, but I now find that whenever I call up the main file I'm translating, Studio claims it can't find it. As soon as I try to translate the next segment or even confirm any other segments translated, it says this. What the hell have I done????

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All files are affected Feb 7, 2014

I have just noticed that this affects even the files I have done and delivered. I still have a couple to do, but I was thinking of doing the thing manually and leaving Studio 2011 in background for terminology purposes, but I see that a file on the same TM that I translated and delivered two days ago and haven't touched since gives me the no-no as well.

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me again - the solution Feb 7, 2014

... I even found that Studio 2011 would not shut down, so I did a forced shutdown in disgust, mentally resigning myself to do the rest manually in Word. But, surprise surprise, it was as though nothing had happened when I called up a couple of in-process documents, and everything as normal. Don't know what to make of all this, but glad it all worked out.

Best regards and have a splendid weekend,

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT - Studio 2011 "can't find project"

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search