URGENT - Studio 2011 "can't find project"
Thread poster: Mervyn Henderson

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 7, 2014

I was doing fine on a Studio 2011 project with a restricted-access customer server TM until I got curious about how much I had left to translate. So I cut out the part I had left to translate on the second-last file, gave it a different name, and tried to analyse it in Studio 2011. Not only would it not let me analyse it, but I now find that whenever I call up the main file I'm translating, Studio claims it can't find it. As soon as I try to translate the next segment or even confirm any other segments translated, it says this. What the hell have I done????

Mervyn

Direct link Reply with quote

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
All files are affected Feb 7, 2014

I have just noticed that this affects even the files I have done and delivered. I still have a couple to do, but I was thinking of doing the thing manually and leaving Studio 2011 in background for terminology purposes, but I see that a file on the same TM that I translated and delivered two days ago and haven't touched since gives me the no-no as well.

Mervyn

Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me again - the solution Feb 7, 2014

... I even found that Studio 2011 would not shut down, so I did a forced shutdown in disgust, mentally resigning myself to do the rest manually in Word. But, surprise surprise, it was as though nothing had happened when I called up a couple of in-process documents, and everything as normal. Don't know what to make of all this, but glad it all worked out.

Best regards and have a splendid weekend,

Mervyn

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

URGENT - Studio 2011 "can't find project"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search