Thread poster: Silke Namuth

Silke Namuth
Germany
Local time: 17:49
English to German
+ ...
Feb 11, 2014

Dear fellow ProZ members,

I recently worked on fairly large review project which involved reviewing 800 different files, all of which had very long and cryptic names.

I received these files in batches from several translators.

When I added the files to the project in the main folder, it was hard to see in File View which files I had already worked on and which still needed to be reviewed (File View does not show the date of the files).

So I added the batches as separate sub-folders. After finishing each batch, I moved the files to the proper directory in Windows Explorer.

But this meant that I could no longer open the files in File View in Studio if I still wanted to make changes to them.

Can anyone suggest the best way to add documents to a project when the files are received in batches?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Silke

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding documents sequentially to a project in Studio 2009

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search