HTML segmentation in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Lorenzo Cordini
Lorenzo Cordini
Local time: 07:21
English
Feb 12, 2014

Hello,

I am having trouble segmenting HTML text in Studio 2011.
Specifically I have two segments both containing the registered sign (®).
In one segment the character is inserted as an entity ("®") and in the other as the actual character.
In both cases the <sup> tags surround the registered sign.

When I open the document in Studio 2011, the registered sign is always placed in a segment by itself while I'd need it inline with the rest of the text.

The same segments in Studio 2009 give the correct result.

I have compared the file type options in both programs (particularly the "Elements and attributes" section) and, as far as I can see, they match.

I have also noticed that the <sup> tags while visible as a tag in Studio 2009, it is not available in Studio 2011.

Basically I would like to have the same segmentation in Studio 2011 like I have in 2009.

Could anyone please indicate where the settings can be adjusted?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

[Edited at 2014-02-12 20:51 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HTML segmentation in Studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search