Thread poster: MoiraB

MoiraB  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:40
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
Feb 12, 2014

I'm sharing a job with a colleague and she works with Trados Studio 2011, while I have Wordfast Classic and Pro. She'll be sending me her translation for me to edit and then combine with the rest of the job. I seem to remember there's some non-compatibility problem. Can anyone advise in what format she needs to send me the unclean (i.e. bilingual) version of her Trados translation (ttx? saved as Word file?) so that I can open it in WFC or WFP (preferably WFC), clean it up and add it to my own Wordfast TM? Another colleague who uses Trados Workbench simply sends me an unclean doc(x), which I can open no problem in WFC and clean up. Is Studio 2011 different?

BTW, I'm not too keen to receive the text from my Trados colleague as a tmx-format TM, as I'll need to check it and possibly make changes, so that would mean changing the document AND the TM.

Sorry if this is very basic - I have searched the archives but couldn't find anything relevant.

Thanks,
Moira

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Plug-in Feb 12, 2014

Ask your colleague to download the following plug-in from OpenExchange: http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/filetypedefinitionforwordfasttxml-371.html?c=31889#31889

works perfectly.

HTH,

Bernard

France
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 12, 2014

Do you mean the first one there:
File Type Definition for Wordfast TXML

If so, I'm afraid she's already working on the Word doc I sent her. Looks like I'd have needed to convert it to a Wordfast Pro txml file for her to be able to use this plug-in. But I'm not very CAT-savvy (and neither is she!)icon_frown.gif so correct me if I'm wrong.

Moira

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Yes ... Feb 12, 2014

You would have to convert it to txml for her but she could recover whatever was done under Word via the TM.

Cheers,

Bernard

France
Member (2006)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Merci Feb 13, 2014

Thanks for your help, Bernard!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 compatibility with Wordfast

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search