Gabriel Luis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:42
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 12, 2014

Hola a tod@s:

Estoy intentado generar el texto meta de un fichero docx de 25 MB y me informa de dos errores que no aparecen al verificar las etiquetas y con ello no me deja exportar el fichero meta...
Alguna sugerencia?

Trying to generate targets under Studio2011 with a 25 MB docx-file and get two bugs reported blocking to generate the targets (both errors undetected-unreported running tag verification...)

Suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:42
Russian to English
+ ...
send a file to another licensed user of trados 11 Feb 12, 2014

Hello, Gabriel.

I sometimes get such errors when translating large files. In such cases the verification says that the error is in a particular segment. (below is about the case when you have the verification pointing to a particular problem).

0. copy source to target for such segments, if it doesn't help, copy like 10 segments up and down from the problem segments.

1. if this doesn't help, send this file to a person with 09 trados, 11, 14 trados and ask them to export the target for your. (of course, all of them MUST HAVE the licensed trados on the pc (not that I know any who's using "alien" trados...)

2. If the problem persists and the 11 licensed trados cannot generate the target, send your file to your local trados vendor -- they might help you.

3. If they cannot help you, then you might consider deleating the text from the original file that is in the problem segments and pre-translating, finishing up the new file (if you do that, before finishing up, do copy the source to target to make sure that you will not get the same problem once again).

Btw, consider, exporting the tmx to dejavu and trying to pre-translate there...

Gabriel Luis  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:42
Member (2008)
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks AndreW Feb 13, 2014

ThanX AndreW!

I managed to create a new project and changing the file extension to classic .doc...M$oft seems to have created a monster with .docx.

Thanks again for your time!

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 09:42
Russian to English
+ ...
good idea Feb 13, 2014

I've actually never tried to change the file extenstion. would consider trying to do this next time i have this problem.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 Target Translation Generation Issue

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search