Cannot process Excel files in Studio 2009 and Trados 2007
Thread poster: JensL

JensL  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
English to Swedish
+ ...
Feb 13, 2014

I cannot process Excel files in Studio 2009 (sp 3) or Translator's Workbench anymore, which is highly disturbing. Everytime I try to prepare an Excel file in a project, the process fails and I get the error message "Input string was not in a correct format".

This problem has been raised in these threads:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/158216-trados_studio_2009_excel_error_input_string.html

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/231443-studio_2009:_input_string_was_not_in_a_correct_format_when_opening_xls_file.html

No solution came up there however, and since the problem now seems to arise every time I want to prepare Excel files, I think a new thread is justified.

I have tried with the most simple forms of Excel sheets, changing to 97-2003 format and using another computer where I have the same software, so I don't think the problem is in the files.

My OS is Windows 7 64 bit.

[Edited at 2014-02-13 20:33 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot process Excel files in Studio 2009 and Trados 2007

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search