Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:57
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 14, 2014

Hi,

Maybe someone else has asked the same question.

My first Trados was Studio 2011 Plus. Later upgraded to 2014.

I have recently received proposals from clients to work on 2007 files. What I'd like to know is if I have to buy the full license (2007) or just a "reverse upgrade" if you know what I mean.

Thanks for you help..

Paulinho Fonseca

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 14:57
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Neither Feb 14, 2014

When people use the term Trados 2007 files they are usually referring to TTX (the bilingual files) and the Translation Memory files. Both are supported by Studio (any version).

You open or add TTX files to a project just like you do with any other source file, and in case you have a legacy translation memory you can "upgrade it" (i.e. convert it to Studio's TM format) using the built in Wizard or exchange the information by exporting and importing the TM content via the TMX file format.

The only exception is if you need to work with Trados 2007 Server TMs, which are not supported, but this is probably not the case.

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:57
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Neither Feb 14, 2014

Shai Nave wrote:

When people use the term Trados 2007 files they are usually referring to TTX (the bilingual files) and the Translation Memory files. Both are supported by Studio (any version).

You open or add TTX files to a project just like you do with any other source file, and in case you have a legacy translation memory you can "upgrade it" (i.e. convert it to Studio's TM format) using the built in Wizard or exchange the information by exporting and importing the TM content via the TMX file format.

The only exception is if you need to work with Trados 2007 Server TMs, which are not supported, but this is probably not the case.

Hi Shai Nave,

Many thanks for your help and comments.

Good weekend.

icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 files in 2011/2014?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search