Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 17, 2014

According to Product Help of Trados Studio 2014, there is a "rich keyboard support" available:

Current Filter shown in the Status Bar
Click on the name of the active filter to go to the new Display Filter group on the Review tab. Here you can make changes to the display filter settings. Rich keyboard support is also available for accessing the active filter.

Great! Could someone explain me what a rich keyboard support is?

Th
... See more
According to Product Help of Trados Studio 2014, there is a "rich keyboard support" available:

Current Filter shown in the Status Bar
Click on the name of the active filter to go to the new Display Filter group on the Review tab. Here you can make changes to the display filter settings. Rich keyboard support is also available for accessing the active filter.

Great! Could someone explain me what a rich keyboard support is?

Thanks!

Clarisa
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:37
English
Rich Keyboard Support... Feb 17, 2014

... would refer to first of all access to the ribbon items using the Alt key to bring up the options and then the appropriate letter/number that is shown in the ribbon. So here I click Alt+V to select the View ribbon and then whatever alphanumeric sequence I wish:

In addition to this you have custom keyboard shortcuts you can create for many functions in the software thr
... See more
... would refer to first of all access to the ribbon items using the Alt key to bring up the options and then the appropriate letter/number that is shown in the ribbon. So here I click Alt+V to select the View ribbon and then whatever alphanumeric sequence I wish:

In addition to this you have custom keyboard shortcuts you can create for many functions in the software through the options here:

To access the display filter without using the mouse you also have these options:

Ctrl+F6 : Activate the search
Ctrl+Alt+F6 : reset the search
Ctrl+Shift+F6 : Activate the display filter
Alt+F6 : Switch the search to look in source (works after you apply a search)
Alt+Shift+F6 : Switch the search to look in target (works after you apply a search)

In case you were not aware, and I know this is a mouse action, you can also activate the display filter by clicking on here and some users like this option:

Whatever you filtered on will then also be displayed in this view.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:37
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 17, 2014

Clear and detailed explaination! Thank you very much.

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rich keyboard support

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »