I cannot add a term into the termbase
Thread poster: makeyev
makeyev
Russian Federation
Feb 17, 2014

I can not add the term in the termbase in Trados Studio 2009 SP3. Message: "failed to bring the type of object Sdl.MultiTerm.COM.TerminologyConnectorCOM type Sdl.MultiTerm.Client.Connectors.ITerminologyConnectorCOM".

Direct link Reply with quote

Iris Réthy
Netherlands
Local time: 01:43
Dutch to German
+ ...
can't add term Feb 17, 2014

i have also lots of problems with MultiTerm as of today. i work with sdl trados multiterm 2014, a completely different version, but still. i can't add terms, terms that are in the database, are not found, even after a reorganisation and also in a completely new (and therefore small) database. i was trying things for hours this morning.

Iris Réthy
Netherlands
Dutch to German
+ ...
MultiTerm / adding not possible Feb 18, 2014

The situation is today still the same, I cannot enter new entries in the MultiTerm database. The error message I get is "Invalid argument".
Also, the browse window shows only a small part of the entries.

I work with SDL MultiTerm 2014 - 11.0.1073.0
Windows XP
Java version 7 Update 25 build 1.7.0_25-b16

On friday, it worked quite ok, I could enter new entries. On monday morning MT was broken. I didn't change anything in the computer setup.

I miss the function terribly.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Solution Finder case... Feb 18, 2014

Hi Iris

Please go to the following link: http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf

Follow these steps:

Java-related issues with SDL MultiTerm
- I have SDL MultiTerm 2009.
-- I have SDL MultiTerm 2011/2014.
--- I can no longer add or edit terms, or I get an error message when adding or editing terms.
---- I have read the article and followed the instructions, but I still have a problem.

On the right hand-side you will see that you need to fill with your information.

The support will try to help you with the issue you experience.

Kind regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with SDL products? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P

Iris Réthy
Netherlands
Dutch to German
+ ...
Thanks, Richard! Feb 19, 2014

I submitted the request.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I cannot add a term into the termbase

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search