Navigation inside a TM in Studio 2014 (to delete specific TUs)
Thread poster: BenStern (X)
BenStern (X)
BenStern (X)
Israel
Feb 18, 2014

I have a Translation Memory TM of about 5000 TUs. I want to get to number 4000 (more or less) to delete some entries I erroneously created. What is the best way to jump to a specific number and then move around from there? I know how to go backwards and forwards 200 TUs at at time, but need to know how to get inside the TM quicker than paging from the start.

I was told there is a way to get to the last element and then move backwards but can't find it.

I was
... See more
I have a Translation Memory TM of about 5000 TUs. I want to get to number 4000 (more or less) to delete some entries I erroneously created. What is the best way to jump to a specific number and then move around from there? I know how to go backwards and forwards 200 TUs at at time, but need to know how to get inside the TM quicker than paging from the start.

I was told there is a way to get to the last element and then move backwards but can't find it.

I was told there is a way to use a filter to get to all TUs from a certain date onward, but can't figure out how to enter the info into the search fields of the FILTER.

I hope someone has as experience and can suggest a solution.
Thanks,
Ben
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:49
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
How to filter by date in a TM Feb 18, 2014

BenStern wrote:

I was told there is a way to use a filter to get to all TUs from a certain date onward, but can't figure out how to enter the info into the search fields of the FILTER.

Hi Ben.

Before you do any heavy editing on a TM, I suggest you make a copy of your TM, just in case.

To add a filter, follow the instructions in the paragraph on "Field Values in Studio TMs" in my blog post: http://signsandsymptomsoftranslation.com/2012/10/23/ecdc/

The first paragraph explains how to add a filter using a date ("Created on"; "Greater than or equal to").
Ignore the second paragraph (which explains how to add a field) because it's not relevant here.

If you want to delete all the units added after a certain date, follow the above process, and then use the "Batch Delete" icon in the ribbon with the filter you've created.

HTH,
Emma

merinber (X)
merinber (X)
Germany
Local time: 00:49
German to English
Navigation inside a TM Feb 18, 2014

Unfortunately, there is no way to got to specific "record number" as in the editor. This is probably by design, since these number are not absolute. What rec. no. / TU ID no. 4000 represents may change over time through deletion or reorganization. Your best bet is to search for strings / words.

If you want to create a filter, click the funnel-with-plus-sign button, This enables the field for entering a condition just below the button to the right. By clicking Add you have access to
... See more
Unfortunately, there is no way to got to specific "record number" as in the editor. This is probably by design, since these number are not absolute. What rec. no. / TU ID no. 4000 represents may change over time through deletion or reorganization. Your best bet is to search for strings / words.

If you want to create a filter, click the funnel-with-plus-sign button, This enables the field for entering a condition just below the button to the right. By clicking Add you have access to a myriad of fields, operators and values. Don't forget to give your filter a name and to save it (funnel with green arrow up)!
Collapse

BenStern (X)
BenStern (X)
Israel
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your help. Feb 18, 2014

It will help me solve my problem. Thanks, Ben

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Navigation inside a TM in Studio 2014 (to delete specific TUs)

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »