Thread poster: Aviram Gang

Aviram Gang  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:42
Member (2010)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Feb 18, 2014

I had all my projects saved in a different folder than the one offered by 2011. Now I upgraded to 2014, and I would like it to use the same location. Is that possible (hope so)? If so, how?
This thread doesn't seem to provide the answer to that: http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/257419-studio_2014_and_file_locations.html

Thanks in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:42
English
When you create your Projects... Feb 18, 2014

... just save them in the location you wish. Studio should remember where you last were and put them in the same location each time.

Regards

Paul

Aviram Gang  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:42
Member (2010)
English to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it doesn't Feb 18, 2014

I tried the move the whole content of my projects folder to the 2014 folder, it also didn't help.
The only way is to manually open every single project in inside Studio, but that's not a solution...

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:42
English
That’s not what I said... Feb 18, 2014

My bad as I started the answer in the title and finished it in the body.

When you create your Projects just save them in the location you wish. Studio should remember where you last were and put them in the same location each time.

If you want to move existing 2011 Projects into Studio 2014 then you indeed have to copy them into your new location and then open them one at a time so Studio 2014 knows where they are and correctly applies any changes in the new Projects.xml file.

I guess you could tinker around with the projects.xml in your Projects folder and copy the entries from the 2011 one to the 2014 one, but I’d advise against this in case there are any small changes that might cause an error when you start working with 2014.

How many projects are you talking about?

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

default files location

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search