Is BeGlobal Autosuggest free or not?
Thread poster: Jean-Luc Herin
Jean-Luc Herin  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:38
Danish to French
+ ...
Feb 19, 2014

When I try and get an API key, SDL asks me for payment details... No way!

Any suggestions.

JL

Direct link Reply with quote

MT AutoSuggest Feb 19, 2014

Hi,

Just to clarify this.

The MT AutoSuggest app itself is not free (from version 2.0). It costs £24.99 (one-off) and can be purchased over here: MT AutoSuggest.

From version 2.0, MT AutoSuggest works with any machine translation provider that is supported by Studio, and also with BeGlobal.com (now languagecloud.sdl.com).

Some MT providers are free to use (BeGlobal Community) and others are not (BeGlobal.com).

BeGlobal.com (languagecloud.sdl.com) specifically allows you to create a Sandbox API key to test out the service, without having to enter your credit card details. As soon as you start using the service for production purposes, you are expected to enter credit card details and pay for any usage above 1 million characters per month.

Does this clarify things?

Best regards,

Erik De Vrieze
CodingBreeze

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:38
English
You don't need to do this... Feb 19, 2014

... but I can see it’s not very clear. The process is this:

1. Go to the website linked from the app
2. Register your details and create the account
3. It now says "Generate your first API key" - click on that
4. Select "Sandbox" and not "Production"
5. Give it an app name ... for example Studio AutoSuggest, but anything is fine
6. Click on "Save new API key"

That’s it. The key will be shown on the screen so you can copy and paste, and if you entered your details it will email a copy to you as well.

The only reason I can think you were asked for your payment details will be because you either clicked on Billing Information or you asked for a Production key. This is not necessary for this feature, although we’ll be glad to take your money The Production key is there for high volume users who have created their own applications that use an api key to access the Machine Translation engines we provide.

Currently the Sandbox allows for up to one million characters per month for free. So if you exceed this then you may find that the service will stop. But I think this is fairly generous and you’d have to do a lot of typing to hit this figure every month.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is BeGlobal Autosuggest free or not?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search