Thread poster: Silke Harvey

Silke Harvey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:39
Member (2013)
German to English
Feb 20, 2014

Hi everyone,
I have come across a problem with Trados to which I cannot find an answer on the Trados help pages. When I create a new project, it generates ok and the files and folders appear in the Studio 2011 project folder. However, the project preview page in Trados 2011 does not display any projects in the list. I can only access my work by clicking on the files view, where all of the project's files are listed. This happened suddenly, the programme worked fine until two days ago. This is very awkward, as I can only work with one project at once and I normally have several on the go. I have tried all sorts of settings but no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:39
English
If the files are there... Feb 20, 2014

... then I would hazard a guess that you are filtering on the Projects and not showing them in the list.

Make sure you have the Project navigation pane open on the left when you are in the Projects View and you will notice a few filters. Make sure they all say "Show all projects".

Regards

Paul

Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
just another workaround Feb 20, 2014

Hi Silke,

You might already have tried this, however here it is: you should be able open any project by clicking on the .prj file from Windows Explorer, in the directory where you created the project.

Of course you will still not to be able to see the list of projects in one single place, and this is just another workaround for a program with an unnecessarily complicated interface that does not even work properly - but I hope it helps.

Best regards,
Luca

United Kingdom
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, both works Feb 20, 2014

Hi Luca, thank you very much for your suggestion, your help is very much appreciated. This is what I have been doing since this happened. I agree that Trados is unnecessarily difficult. I have switched to it about a year ago and am still not familiar with all of its functions.

And thank you Paul, you have solved the problem for me. I never even knew these filters existed and although this is such a simple problem, it is not mentioned anywhere in the help files. I'm not exactly sure why the filters set themselves as I certainly did not click on any of them, but now that they are turned off, I can see all my projects again.

Thank you both for your quick and helpful repliesicon_smile.gif

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Keyboard actions... Feb 20, 2014

Silke Harvey wrote:

And thank you Paul, you have solved the problem for me. I never even knew these filters existed and although this is such a simple problem, it is not mentioned anywhere in the help files. I'm not exactly sure why the filters set themselves as I certainly did not click on any of them, but now that they are turned off, I can see all my projects again.

... occasionally make the filters the active component and then if you hit the down arrow you change the setting. Just the same as any drop down display. I’ve done it myself and wondered where my projects disappeared!

But as you say... easy once you know and you don't need to take a sledgehammer to iticon_wink.gif

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
Member (2013)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Easy once you know how and learnt something new! Feb 20, 2014

Lol... after two nights at war, you have made peace between me and my programmeicon_wink.gif

Lourdes Fernandez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:39
English to Spanish
+ ...
Losing projects on Trados 2011 Nov 16, 2015

Hi,

I notice that several of you posted having a similar problem last year. None of the proposed solutions worked for me. Can someone tell me what did work for you? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Lourdes

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011: Problem with viewing projects

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search