Internal Tags shortened to 25 chars in SDL Studio
Thread poster: Wordsurger
Wordsurger
Local time: 21:33
Feb 20, 2014

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody can help me out with some strange behaviour I'm seeing in SDL Studio 2011.

I'm working with some documents (.doc) that are prepared in Workbench and presegmented for translation in Studio. These files contain some Trados Internal tags for software variables.

We've worked like this before, processing the files in Studio without problems, but now I'm seeing that all tags longer than 25 characters are abbreviated with 3 dots.

So, for example this tag:
{This_is_a_nontranslatable_variable}
Becomes:
{This_is_a_nontranslat...

This is done as soon as the document is opened, and the variables are not restored to their full lenght when saving the files as bilingual docs. Strangely, I can't find any documentation or info on this, nor any settings to prevent this.

Any info on this?

While I'm on the topic of working with legacy bilingual files in SDL Studio: anyone have a workaround for previewing presegmented .doc files in Studio? It's hilarious that SDLs competitor MemoQ displays these just fine in Preview, but Studio can't preview it's own legacy material

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

GamzeUlku  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 23:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
Same problem Jun 1, 2016

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as you. It seems you haven't received any replies on this, but if you've found any solution by chance, I'll be glad to know it. .

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internal Tags shortened to 25 chars in SDL Studio

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search