Trados 2011: lost projects?
Thread poster: Chiara Aldegheri

Chiara Aldegheri  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:27
German to Italian
+ ...
Feb 20, 2014

I opened today my TRADOS 2011 and I wanted to view my projects, but I could see only three of them, instead of 7 or 8. I am sure, I never changed my view settings and I cannot find any trace of them. Has anyone ever had the same problem? Have I a black hole behind my shoulders? Am I attacked by hackers?
Thanx for any help!

Direct link Reply with quote

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Tranquilla: saranno ancora lì da qualche parte Feb 20, 2014

In the Projects view, navigate to your projects folder. If you accepted the default value, they will be somewhere like Raccolte/Documenti/Studio 2011/Projects. Open the subfolder for the project you need and select the "projectname".sdlproj file.

This should open the project and add it back into your list.

SSDA

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe also review... Feb 20, 2014

.. this solution:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/264751-trados_2011:_problem_with_viewing_projects.html#2267365

It might just be a display filter changing what you’re seeing in the Projects View.

Regards

Paul

Chiara Aldegheri  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no match... Feb 20, 2014

Hello Giles, hello Paul,

thank you for your replies. Unfortunately, both cases don't match to mine. I already read the support demand of your link, Paul, but my view settings are "show all projects" in any filter. Giles, I navigated already in the menu you mentioned, but even there there are only those projects I see on Trados GUI.
The respective translations memories are in Trados (the "local" ones).
I'm looking astonished to my screen and still I cannot remember to ever delete any project, even in desperate moments....

Thanks again for any further help
Chiara

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Have you... Feb 20, 2014

... checked the wastebasket to see if you did accidentally delete them?

... restored your system to a previous state recently for reasons unconnected with Studio?

... been able to recover the project files from your backup hard disk, memory stick or whatever?

Giles (arrampicandomi sugli specchi ormai)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011: lost projects?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search