showing/hiding source segments Trados 2007 MSWord 2007
Thread poster: ian ward
ian ward  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:20
French to English
Feb 20, 2014

hello,
I have been using Trados 2007 with MSWord 2003 for some time and I have always been able to show/hide the source segments using the paragraph icon (and judicious toggling of the "hidden text" optioon).
Now I have made a small concession to this ever-changing world and I have MSWord 2007 - but I can't seem to find this feature any more.
It is true that I have some gremlins since this move (associated with plenty of other headaches) but maybe there is a simple answer to this question.
many thanks for any help forthcoming
Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Oscar Martin
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Showing/hiding hidden characters Feb 21, 2014

Hi Ian,

On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click Show/Hide icon or press Ctrl+Shift+8 (MS Word 2007 in English).

Regards,

Oscar

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
same button Mar 3, 2014

thanks for your reply Oscar,
however, I think the button you're talking about is the one I have mentioned, which, for me, doesn't work
thanks anyway

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
solution found Mar 5, 2014

for those who read this topic and need the answer, I've found it. It's quite simple - click that strange icon in the top-left corner and at the bottom of the window that appears is an "options" button - click on display (I think, my msword is in French) and you will find the "hidden text" checkbox - turning this on and off determines whether Trados source segments are displayed.

French to English
TOPIC STARTER
clarification Mar 5, 2014

the source segments are shown/hidden, with the paragraph format marks, when you use the show/hide paragraph icon, depending on whether hidden text in options has been checked or not

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

showing/hiding source segments Trados 2007 MSWord 2007

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search