Thread poster: Marwa Shehata

Marwa Shehata  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 14:51
Member (2010)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Feb 20, 2014

I have a regular client who sends me bilingual rtf files for review and sometime for translation. when I open these files in Trados 2014 I get all the text source and target and columns headers in the source column in Trados.
How Can I fix this?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:51
English
First of all this is not a bug. Feb 20, 2014

Hi,

The document you have may well be bilingual, but this is only because it contains two languages. It is not a bilingual document in the sense that Studio will recognise it and place the source in the source column and the target in the target column.

Most likely it’s a review document from DVX or memoQ perhaps as I believe both of these create RTF based bilingual review files. The resolution, if you want to use Studio for this, is probably to copy the source text into the target column, and then apply a hidden text format to all the columns apart from the target. Save it and open this in Studio.

But I think it would be worth you reviewing this thread as the problem may be more complicated depending on where the file came from:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/264614-rtf_files_in_studio_2014_and_other_cats_problem.html

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

reveiwing bilingual rtf in Trados 2014

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search