Marwa Shehata Egypt Local time: 15:14 Member (2010) English to Arabic + ...
Feb 20, 2014
I have a regular client who sends me bilingual rtf files for review and sometime for translation. when I open these files in Trados 2014 I get all the text source and target and columns headers in the source column in Trados.
How Can I fix this?
The contents of this post will automatically be included in the ticket generated. Please add any additional comments or explanation (optional)
The document you have may well be bilingual, but this is only because it contains two languages. It is not a bilingual document in the sense that Studio will recognise it and place the source in the source column and the target in the target column.
Most likely it’s a review document from DVX or memoQ perhaps as I believe both of these create RTF based bilingual review files. The resolution, if you want to use Studio for this, is probably to copy the source text into the target column, and then apply a hidden text format to all the columns apart from the target. Save it and open this in Studio.
But I think it would be worth you reviewing this thread as the problem may be more complicated depending on where the file came from:
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.
With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.