Thread poster: Chun Un

Chun Un  Identity Verified
Macau
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Feb 22, 2014

I am a Trados Studio 2011 user.

After translating a file, I can't convert the file back to Word and get the following error message every time I try to convert it.

'Missing bookmark end tag with name: g14. Writing to Word document not possible.'

I really don't know what to do at this point. What might be the problem?

Anyone can help?

Direct link Reply with quote

zaina_xu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 17:56
English to Chinese
Repair Feb 22, 2014

As I know this problem often occurs when you use Trados 2011, you can try to repair the problem according to the prompt by Trados 2011, For example, check and add the missed bookmarks. Also , you can try to use Trados 2013 or 2014 to generate the target file if you have them, the problem can often be solved by this way.

Chun Un  Identity Verified
Macau
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 24, 2014

zaina_xu wrote:

As I know this problem often occurs when you use Trados 2011, you can try to repair the problem according to the prompt by Trados 2011, For example, check and add the missed bookmarks. Also , you can try to use Trados 2013 or 2014 to generate the target file if you have them, the problem can often be solved by this way.

Hi zaina_xu,

Many thanks for your post - it's much appreciated.

I tried and located the segment where the bookmark end was missing in the target. Copied and pasted the tag and problem solved.

Thanks again for your prompt post.

Chun

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't covert Trados Studio 2011 file to Word

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search