Studio 2014: Ctrl+T to insert translation doesn't work
Thread poster: Lorenzo Bermejo

Lorenzo Bermejo
Local time: 18:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feb 23, 2014

hi All,
I wonder if any of you are experiencing this strange behaviour, which didn't occur to me with Studio 2011.
I've checked my list of keyboard shortcuts in Options, and Ctrl+T is there as usual, but when I try to insert a fuzzy into my translation in the Editor view, this shortcut just doesn't do anything.
all other shortcuts seem to work fine.

any ideas?
many thanks.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:43
Member (2004)
English to Italian
same here... Apr 12, 2014

have you managed to find a solution to this? It's very annoying...

Also, why inserting quotes " " in word documents has been changed to an easy ctrl + 1 or 9 (or something like that) to control + shift + 5?

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ctrl + T, changed behaviour Apr 12, 2014

hi Giovanni,
what I discovered is that Ctrl+T only works with Concordance Matches and Perfect Matches. I guess the programmers have changed the behaviour of the shortcut in Studio 2014.
can't tell you about what you say about Word. just don't know.
let's see what happens with the SP1 that will soon be released for Studio 2014.
thanks for replying to my post.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Maybe see what... Apr 12, 2014

... other software you have running that also uses keyboard shortcuts? Try changing the Ctrl+T to something else and see if it helps? You could also try using Ctrl+1 instead?

I played around with this and can’t reproduce this behaviour at all.

On the Word quick inserts. Yes this probably changed. maybe you might get some benefit from using Autohotkey ( http://wp.me/p2xDjK-uS ) or the Insert Symbol app ( http://wp.me/p2xDjK-Bo ) from the OpenExchange. Both these approaches can get you some consistency for quick inserts where it’s lacking in Studio at the moment.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
ok... Apr 12, 2014

thanks, Paul... I don't have any software running that also uses keyboard shortcuts... anyway, that was fine in Studio 2011... looks like I'll have to experiment some more... thanks for the links, BTW...

EDIT: I do have Studio 2011 running in parallel... maybe that's the reason?

[Edited at 2014-04-12 12:27 GMT]

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Paul Apr 12, 2014

I'll try with Ctrl+1 next time and se how it goes.
I didn't have any other software with shortcuts running either. I also checked if Word 2010 uses Ctrl+T by default for anything, but it doesn't.

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
changed it to... Apr 12, 2014

alt + T... seems to work... I really have to test it more thoroughly, though. Didn't really have enough time to do that...

JensL  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
English to Swedish
+ ...
Change default and change back... Aug 8, 2014

I had the same problem, but I tried with changing Ctrl+T to Alt+1 and then I changed back to Ctrl+T. Now it works as usual again.

Lorenzo Bermejo
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Will try your solution Aug 8, 2014

JensL wrote:

I had the same problem, but I tried with changing Ctrl+T to Alt+1 and then I changed back to Ctrl+T. Now it works as usual again.

Thanks Jens, will try your solution. In fact, I found that Ctrl+T would work in some projects and not in others. Very strange. Best regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2014: Ctrl+T to insert translation doesn't work

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search