Automatically opening TMs in Studio 2011
Thread poster: Taru Laiho

Taru Laiho
Local time: 07:16
Finnish to English
+ ...
Feb 24, 2014

My Studio often opens the TMs I've used in the past when I open a new file. I know that I can choose the TM(s) I want by clicking Project Settings in the Editor view, but this is still very annoying. Sometimes I've even started to translate with the wrong TM until I've realised that the right one isn't open (even though I've properly indicated it when creating the project). This happens as often with projects I've created myself and projects I've opened as packages.

Is there any way to prevent Trados from opening old TMs when opening a file? I suspect that there must be a setting for this somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Please help! icon_wink.gif

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:16
English
Two sensible options at least Feb 25, 2014

Hi,

Option 1
Never add a TM when you first open a file using the single document approach as this will add it permanently to your options. So always open the file, and then add your TM thorugh the Project Settings instead. If you remove all the TMs that are attached through Tools-> Options then you will never again start work in the wrong TM.

Option 2
Create Project Templates for each customer with the correct TMs in each one. Then always work with Projects and just select the appropriate template.

Regards

Paul

Taru Laiho
Local time: 07:16
Finnish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul! Feb 25, 2014

I've removed all attached TMs and will use Project Templates from now on.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Automatically opening TMs in Studio 2011

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search