Trados Studio 2011 to translate a Wordpress website?
Thread poster: Rosalind Howarth

Rosalind Howarth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:22
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Feb 25, 2014

Hi everyone, I have been asked to translate a Wordpress website and was wondering if I can translate Wordpress files using Trados Studio 2011 - does anyone have any idea about this?

I have done some research on Google but couldn't really find any concrete information, apart from instructions for using Tag Editor in the old version of Trados to translate Wordpress files, but I'd rather use Studio if possible. I am assuming that if the old version of Trados can handle Wordpress then Studio should too.

Thanks in advance!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:22
English
What format? Feb 25, 2014

Hi,

I have seen Wordpress files come as XLIFF and also as monolingual XML. Both can be handled in Studio. It’s probably worth getting some sample files and having a go.

Regards

Paul

Rosalind Howarth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:22
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 26, 2014

Thanks for your reply - this is really useful. I am not sure of the file format yet as I am waiting to hear back from the client, but I am hoping that they will be able to provide .xliff files.

BKTranslatio (X)
Germany
Local time: 14:22
English to Arabic
+ ...
Yes you can... Feb 26, 2014

Hi Rosalind,

Don't worry about the file type in this case because you can always convert it. Therefore you may have to download " Open XML SDK 2.0 for Microsoft Office "although it's not necessary most of the time.

Best regards.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2011 to translate a Wordpress website?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search