FrameMaker 12 filter
Thread poster: philwhite
philwhite
philwhite
Local time: 22:39
German to English
Feb 25, 2014

One of my customers has just moved to FrameMaker 12, and neither Studio 2011 (which I use) nor Studio 2014 (which I cannot use but have installed) appear to support FrameMaker 12 MIF.

I can use the old trick of simply replacing the version number in the header of the MIF file, but I don't know whether Adobe has made any substantive changes to the MIF format.

Does anyone know of a clean filter out there or is SDL intending to provide support at some time?

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
It will be in the next update. Feb 25, 2014

In the meantime you can edit the number as you have done, but be careful if the file uses the MathML features as these are new and may crash the current filter.

I don't have a date I can share yet but it’s not too far away.

Regards

Paul

philwhite
philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Feb 25, 2014

Thanks Paul, that's the info I needed. If they have only added MathML, that should be fine.

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
What’s in Frame 12? Feb 25, 2014

Hi Phil,

I don't know 100% what all the differences are, but the testing carried out by develkopment on this so far have picked up that changing the number will work... using MathML may crash the filter.

What else may be different I couldn't say. So I think you can try it, but exercise some caution in checking what you get in the finished file. I think your customer should be reasonable given it is pretty new.

Regards

Paul

philwhite
philwhite
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
That rarest of things Feb 25, 2014

A thoughtful and understanding customer. They approached us to see whether V12 would cause problems before they sent a live job.

Impressive, huh? Hurrah for the customer!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FrameMaker 12 filter

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »