Error when exporting target html file after merging segments in Studio 2014
Thread poster: Livia_Zoelly

Livia_Zoelly
Switzerland
Local time: 02:43
English to German
+ ...
Feb 26, 2014

Hello everybody

My colleague and I have probably detected a bug in Studio 2014 (brand new version of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Professional - 11.0.3709.0, installed only last week):

We merged segments of an html file in editor (in our case a sentence was segmented after a full stop where it shouldn't have been) and then, at the end, when attempting to export it to a target html file, we got the following error message:

"Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

We tried repairing the installation as described here: http://producthelp.sdl.com/kb/Articles/4457.html
We checked all the project settings and tried doing the same thing in a different project (where other html files without merged segments had been successfully exported before), on a different computer and with a different user - all to no avail.
When we attempted exactly the same thing (merged segments and all) with a word file, it worked perfectly.

So the problem only seems to arise after merging segments in an html file.

We hope somebody at SDL can either help us (in case something's wrong with our settings...?) or pass on the information for a bug fix.

In the mean time, we circumvented the problem by entering non-breaking spaces in the source html file after the full stop and changing the default segmentation rule of "whitespace" to "space".

Good luck everybody!

Livia


 

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Were you also using Revision Marks? Sep 2, 2014

Livia_Zoelly wrote:

My colleague and I have probably detected a bug in Studio 2014 (brand new version of SDL Trados Studio 2014 Professional - 11.0.3709.0, installed only last week):

We merged segments of an html file in editor (in our case a sentence was segmented after a full stop where it shouldn't have been) and then, at the end, when attempting to export it to a target html file, we got the following error message:

"Failed to save target content: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

So the problem only seems to arise after merging segments in an html file.



Hi,

We are experiencing exactly the same problem with SDL Studio 2014 SP1. In our case, we had merged or split segments and used revisions marks.

Were you also using revisions marks in your project? Maybe it is a combination of both.

Daniel


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when exporting target html file after merging segments in Studio 2014

Advanced search







Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search