Thread poster: Mary Worby
Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:25
German to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2014

Apologies if this scenario has been discussed before. I can find several references to the error message in the vaults, but none seems to be the same as my particular case.

I'm working in Windows 7. New version of Studio 14 installed last week. Build 11.0.3709.0, apparently.

I'm working on a reasonably sized customer project with a TM provided in old-fashioned TMX format and a file in TTX. An old Termbase was also provided, which I've duly upgraded. When I first set up
... See more
Apologies if this scenario has been discussed before. I can find several references to the error message in the vaults, but none seems to be the same as my particular case.

I'm working in Windows 7. New version of Studio 14 installed last week. Build 11.0.3709.0, apparently.

I'm working on a reasonably sized customer project with a TM provided in old-fashioned TMX format and a file in TTX. An old Termbase was also provided, which I've duly upgraded. When I first set up the project last night, I got the above error message when I tried to open the file in Editor. I gave up last night and tried again this morning, when the project seemed to work fine. Until I opened it again after lunch, when I got the same message, whereupon Studio crashes out.

I've restarted Trados and rebooted the computer. I've tried the solutions suggested on the SDL knowledge base (resetting the window views, renaming various xml settings files and repairing the Trados install), all to no avail.

Does anybody have any bright ideas?

Many thanks
Mary
Collapse

Tatiana Nikitina
Tatiana Nikitina  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:25
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
The same problem Feb 26, 2014

I have exactly the same error message with TRADOS Studio 2014 (and Windows 7), but while trying to save the target. And I don't know what to do. Possibly, some general problem with the Studio?

Livia_Zoelly
Livia_Zoelly
Switzerland
Local time: 15:25
English to German
+ ...
Problem when merging segments? Mar 3, 2014

Hello Tatiana,

Was it an HTML file you translated? And did you merge segments in there? Then your problem was the same as mine and maybe you can find a workaround here until SDL have come
... See more
Hello Tatiana,

Was it an HTML file you translated? And did you merge segments in there? Then your problem was the same as mine and maybe you can find a workaround here until SDL have come up with a solution:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/265076-error_when_exporting_target_html_file_after_merging_segments_in_studio_2014.html

Have not received any reply on this.

Cheers,
Livia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

That old "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" chestnut

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »