Trados 2014 font and cut & paste problems
Thread poster: misterfish
misterfish
France
Local time: 15:57
French to English
Mar 2, 2014

I am having problems with the fonts in Trados Studio 2014 Freelance; I'm running XP SP3. I'm new to Trados Studio, but very experienced with most other office applications. Frankly with my current project, a history book, I'm wondering if it would be quicker to go back to translating in a word processor.

My source document is an older Word .doc file. There are hundreds of instances when the original French text is in italics, but for an English version of the book it is more appropriate to use standard font.

There is no way that I have found to change the italics to standard font, not even cutting and pasting from another box in standard - upon pasting, it reverts to italics. Clear formatting makes no difference.

However, if there is a mix of standard and italics in the box, as long as I start typing from within a word in standard font, it will continue to use standard, and then I delete the italics. How handy is that? This will not work if the entire content of the text box is in italics. Nothing appears to allow the italics to be changed.

Was this a deliberate design for Trados? Why? Does someone know a simple way to change the fonts?

And can anyone tell me why Trados was designed to prohibit a cut and paste from within Trados to an outside word processor - Winword? I can cut and paste within Trados, but cannot take the cut or copied text to another application. Any ideas, please?

Any help with these frustrating topics will be most gratefully received!!

Misterfish

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2014 font and cut & paste problems

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search