Thread poster: ConnyG

ConnyG
Germany
Local time: 01:27
English to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out as a translator and struggling with some technical issues in my CAT tools. I received some .inx InDesign files from my client and am trying to create a project in Trados, but when I add the files, I get an error message that the file type cannot be recognized and that a document tag is missing. I checked, and I have the inx filter activated. So, do you think something is wrong with the files or do I need to change any settings in the CAT tool?

PS: I also tried to process the files in memoQ, but cannot import the files there either. It says that there is an invalid character. (TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException / MESSAGE: '', hexidezimaler Wert 0x06, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 1, Position 1.) SOURCE: System.Xml)

I'd appreciate any help very much.

Best,

Conny

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

inx files - file type not recognized in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search