Thread poster: ConnyG

ConnyG
Germany
Local time: 02:25
English to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out as a translator and struggling with some technical issues in my CAT tools. I received some .inx InDesign files from my client and am trying to create a project in Trados, but when I add the files, I get an error message that the file type cannot be recognized and that a document tag is missing. I checked, and I have the inx filter activated. So, do you think something is wrong with the files or do I need to change any settings in the CAT tool?

PS: I also tried to process the files in memoQ, but cannot import the files there either. It says that there is an invalid character. (TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException / MESSAGE: '', hexidezimaler Wert 0x06, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 1, Position 1.) SOURCE: System.Xml)

I'd appreciate any help very much.

Best,

Conny

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

inx files - file type not recognized in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search