inx files - file type not recognized in Trados Studio 2011
Thread poster: ConnyG

Local time: 11:16
English to German
+ ...
Mar 4, 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm just starting out as a translator and struggling with some technical issues in my CAT tools. I received some .inx InDesign files from my client and am trying to create a project in Trados, but when I add the files, I get an error message that the file type cannot be recognized and that a document tag is missing. I checked, and I have the inx filter activated. So, do you think something is wrong with the files or do I need to change any settings in the CAT tool?

PS: I also tried to process the files in memoQ, but cannot import the files there either. It says that there is an invalid character. (TYPE:
System.Xml.XmlException / MESSAGE: '', hexidezimaler Wert 0x06, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 1, Position 1.) SOURCE: System.Xml)

I'd appreciate any help very much.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

inx files - file type not recognized in Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search