Thread poster: Sian Cooper

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:56
French to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2014

Hi, all, hoping for some help on this.

I'm on 2014. I have a Termbase that is working just fine within the editor, terms are being recognised, no problem. But the search facility does not want to play.

I'm quite familiar with switching between the Term Recognition and Termbase Search tabs, so the other threads that I've found on this subject did not help! (but I apologise if there is something out there I didn't find).

It's only 150 terms. I created it yesterday from Excel through Glossary Converter. I have done this and shared TBs successfully with other translators plenty of times before, although working in 2011 only.

I've gone into the search settings and reduced the recognition % to 60%; I've left the search depth and repetition thresholds as-is. I'm sitting looking at a term ('logros') that is recognised in the editor (red line above it); that will happily prompt for the right target term when I type the first letter; but I cannot get any response in search. I have tried from 3 to 6 characters (i.e. it doesn't recognise anything from 'log' to 'logros').

Now, it recognised one term search once, 'man'. But since then it will not recognise any new ones.

I tried it in 2011 (created a project with same TB), same prob. I tried closing both 2011 and 2014 and just reopening Trados (2014), but no go.

Before I ended the initial Trados session I was in, if I clicked on View term details (from the Termbase search window) - it displayed the details for the term it had once previously found (whilst still displaying 'No results available' in the search window).

Tried it in MultiTerm, no prob. - indeed, selecting fuzzy search against 'logr', I got, as I would have expected, several other terms as well, and that was at 65% recognition. So I tried reorganizing it, but still no help.

I'm preparing a doc. to persuade an agency and a client that they need a TermBase and they want me to maintain it, so I'm giving them screen shots of the functionality. Bit stuck...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Sian Cooper  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bumping in the hope Paul may see... 2014 Term Search issue Mar 5, 2014

Thanks Paul (or anyone else!), if you have any suggestions on this issue. To summarise: 2014 or 2011; TermBase created from Excel using Glossary Converter (done successfully many times in the past); term recognition is perfect: but term search is not recognising anything after the first search.

I tried it again today, so there had been a reboot in between. I'd also been working on other projects today. I just now re-tested this, went into a different document in the same project, and again Tern Search successfully returned results for the first search I did, but then it would not work any more - I tried in several other documents and with several different terms.

Given I'm advocating the use of Term Base and hoping to get this ongoing project actively using it across other translators... would really like this to work!

Thank you

Gfarley
Norway
Norwegian (Bokmal) to English
+ ...
Adding a term works but not search or term recognition in 2009 May 15, 2014

Not sure if this is related, but after removing Java security and adding the correct termbase, neither recognition or search worked anymore. BUT when I tried to add a term, that worked so Studio obviously "saw" the open termbase. So then I went to View/Reset Window Layout and got these two functions back. Now I am just missing the red underline feature. SDL had a little fix program they sent out years ago but I cannot find it now. Termbase integration - the nightmare that never ends...

SDL, are you there?

[Edited at 2014-05-15 08:16 GMT]

[Edited at 2014-05-15 08:36 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Termbase search not working - Term recognition is fine

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search