Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 18:30
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
Mar 5, 2014

Hello,
I am very confused about whether I can work with Wordfast files in SDL Trados Studio 2011. A client of mine works with Wordfast. I have been researching online about how to open Wordfast files in Trados Studio 2011, but remain confused. I downloaded an app on the openexchange server for txml files and can see it under plugins in SDL Trados Studio 2011. However I can still neither open any txml or bilingual file. Can someone point me in the right direction.
Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:30
English to French
+ ...
txmL Mar 5, 2014

Hi Kristina,

Is txml listed under File Types (WordFast TXML). If so, you should be able to open tmxl files or create a project and import txml files. Is your plug-in checked? Had no issue with this plug-in.

HTH,

Bernard

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
TXML listed Mar 5, 2014

Thanks Bernard,
the plugin I have says "TXML File Type" and yes, it is checked. Have tried the obvious thing of checking and unchecking and also tried re-installing with Studio open, and it tells me that Studio is using it, so not sure what is going on.
Kristina

English to French
+ ...
File Mar 5, 2014

Can you send me one of your files?

Bernard

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes please! Mar 6, 2014

Yes, that's possible. I found one that I am comfortable sending. Studio 2011 tells me "File type not supported" when I try to open this one. Which is the best way to send it to you?

Kristina

English to French
+ ...
e-mail Mar 6, 2014

Send it via e-mail -> my profile.

Bernard

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Probably not installed fully Mar 6, 2014

Hi,

I think the most likely problem is that the filetype is not in your filetypes. Bernard asked this question and I think you referred to the plugins location rather than the filetypes.

Go to Tools -> Options -> Filetypes and then look in the pane on the righthand side of the window. There is probably a blue hyperlink there that says "Additional Filetypes are available" or something like that. Click on it and you will see the TXML filetype listed in there as well as any others you might have installed.

Select them and then you should be good.

Regards

Paul

Australia
Member (2004)
Spanish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paul! Mar 11, 2014

Thanks for spotting this, it works now.
Kristina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXML plugin in SDL Trados Studio 2011

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search