sdl xliff file fails to import into TM
Thread poster: John Kennedy

John Kennedy  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:18
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 6, 2014

I have for some time had trouble getting TMs to update in Studio 2011. I have tried everything suggested in the forums but ultimately nothing helps. To begin with the TM updates for just a few segments of the translation, then it stops doing so. Everything is behaving normally in the translation and I've updated the main translation memories but when I open up the TM nothing extra has been added. So I use the final resort of importing the sdl xliff file into the TM, and this works, until around 50-70 segments have been added. When I subsequently import the sdlxliff file, it fails to add any more segments to the TM, and of the few segments which were successfully added, one can see from the numbering that several are missing.

Has anyone any idea about what may be happening here and does anyone know if these TM updating problems are also encountered in Studio 2014 (I would gladly upgrade if I could get this thing to work).

Cheers ..... John K

Direct link Reply with quote

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
English to French
+ ...
TM View Mar 6, 2014

What is the Number of translation units per page under Options Translation Memory View?

Cheers,

Bernard

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That makes sense Mar 6, 2014

Hi Bernard,

What you said alerted me to the possibility that I might have to scroll down onto another page to see more segments. And, of course, they are all there. The missing segment numbers I presume are for segments that are repeats of previous ones.

A simple solution to an imaginary problem. Brilliant.

Many thanks.

John

Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:18
English to French
+ ...
Set to 200 Mar 6, 2014

Hi John,

Default setting is 50, set it to 200 (maximum)

Cheers,

Bernard

United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Okay Mar 6, 2014

Will do.

Much appreciated.

John

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

sdl xliff file fails to import into TM

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search