Thread poster: maz07

maz07  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 11:12
English to Malay
+ ...
Mar 7, 2014

Hi,

I got one document in Mqxliff format and i would like to export/save it as .xls. How can i do that? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:12
English
Depends on what you mean by Excel Mar 7, 2014

Hi,

If you want to get the original file format that was used to create the mqxliff then you can only do this in the originating tool... so in memoQ.

If you just want the translatable text of the xliff in excel as two columns then you can use the SDLXLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office which is installed with Studio 2011/2014, or available through the OpenExchange if you have 2009.

Regards

Paul

maz07  Identity Verified
Malaysia
English to Malay
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Methods working. Second question. Mar 7, 2014

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply. Cool! Tested the SDLXLIFF Converter, it's working n SDL Trados 2014. Another question, how do i translate a two sided Excel file (.xls format)? The two sided contains both the original source and the target language?

[Edited at 2014-03-07 09:30 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:12
English
I have a question too. Mar 7, 2014

Hi,

Seeing as you converted a file that already had the source and target in it into an excel file with source and target, why do you now want to be able to handle the Excel this way? It might help me to give you the answer you need if I understand what you are actually trying to achieve.

But to answer your question anyway... you would need to save it as a CSV and then you can open it in Studio with source on left and target on right. This article might be useful : http://wp.me/p2xDjK-1d The second part to the article.

Regards

Paul

maz07  Identity Verified
Malaysia
English to Malay
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Answer Mar 7, 2014

Hi,

It's not for the same project. I received this kind of file frequently and never had a clue on how to use it on SDL Trados. I'll check the link that you gave me once i'm free. Thank you so much for your help! You saved me from 'copy and paste' job.

Regards,
Maz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save SDL Trados File as Excel File

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search