Australia
Local time: 12:00
Member (2008)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 8, 2014

Hello, friends

I hope you are well.

I've got a big projet of more than 30k words, 30% of which are repetition and more than 70% match parts. I want to extract and lock them before working together with other two translators in order to keep consistency. Could you please provide some efficient solutions? The project package is Trados2011 or words.

Thank you in advance!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:00
English
I’m not sure I understand the question Mar 8, 2014

Hi,

In the title it seems clear that you want to be able to lock anything with a match greater than 70%. But in the body of your message I think you are saying that you have 70% that match something, and you have 30% that are repetitions.

Do you want to extract the repetitions and lock these? If so the solution may be to use the "Export frequent segments" option in Batch Processing -> Analyze Files. This will create an sdlxliff containing segments that are repetitions. So the idea would be you translate this first and confirm to your TM, then pretranslate the project using this TM and then lock all your 100%/CM matches before sending the files out to the other translators.

If you wanted to lock anything greater than 70% (which doesn't seem to make a lot of sense based on the body of your message) then this is also possible, but you would need to use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit for this as you can specify this sort of criteria to lock segments. But you do need Studio 2014 to be able to use the SDLXLIFF Toolkit.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to extract and lock >70% match parts

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search