Thread poster: Théo Amon
Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:59
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 9, 2014

Hello:

I have a project which I was doing through Wordfast. It is still incomplete, that means: several files are already translated (still "unclean", that means, bilingual files), the remaining are still plain .doc files. I want to resume the project using Trados 2011, i. e. review and clean those already translated (updating my TM with the corrections made during review) and translate those still untouched.

As a test, I managed to open and review an already translated file (not sure if the TM is being corrected, though. Before starting to use Trados, I converted and imported all my TMs, so all segments already translated in this project are there in the TM). However, I can only save it as a bilingual, unclean file. Is there any way I can generate a clean, target-only file within Trados, or I'll have to clean everything through Wordfast after it's done?

Thank you

Théo

Direct link Reply with quote

Ashish Kumar Jaiswal  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 13:29
Member (2013)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Save Target As Mar 9, 2014

Under "File" Menu -> use "Save Target As (Shift+F12)" command, it will save your file in cleaned monolingual file (Word, Excel whatever original source file).

Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 05:59
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It still isn't working Mar 9, 2014

Thanks, but I've done that and the target file is still a bilingual document, when I type Ctrl + , I can see the source text just as before.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:59
English
For bilingual Word files... Mar 10, 2014

... you could use this free OpenExchange application that will clean up a bilingual doc : http://goo.gl/nz1xrh

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work in Trados 2011 with bilingual files - Generating monolingual, clean files

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search