Thread poster: Théo Amon
Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 11, 2014

Good morning:

while translating in the Editor, every time I strike the slash / key, a dialog box appears: "All documents must be saved before creating a package. Do you want to save all documents and continue creating a package?". The slash does appear in my target segment, but I do have to say No to the dialog box everytime. I went to the Keyboard Shortcuts settings and the / isn't there. I assigned some random shortcut to the function "Create new package', but I still get the same bug. Does someone know how to fix it? It's pretty annoying.

Thanks

Théo

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 00:02
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Shortcut clash Mar 11, 2014

I've had strange shortcut clashes in the past (the create package dialog box used to pop up when I clicked block capitals) and I've always been able to solve it by reassigning the create package shortcut to something else.

Sorry, I'm not sure what to suggest if you've already tried that.

Jenny Scott  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:02
Member (2011)
Norwegian to English
Yes - solution is to change shortcut settings - but be persistent Mar 13, 2014

I was having the same problem, except that it was Caps Lock that opened up the 'Create Return Package' wizard.

I duly invented a shortcut for 'Create Return Package' - but then Caps Lock started opening up the 'Open GroupShare Project' wizard. Aaargh! I thought I was stuck with variations of this problem forever - but I stuck to the system, created a new shortcut for 'Open GroupShare Project' - and now the problem is gone.

So if at first you don't succeed, just keep trying.

Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Done!@ Mar 13, 2014

Thanks, folks! I succeeded just like you instructed. Of course, I had to assign some half-dozen shortcuts to anything connected with create packages/projects etc., 'cause the bug migrated to other commands, but now I have a valid / key.

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2011 - / key - Wrong shortcut - "Create Project Package"

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search