Théo Amon
Théo Amon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:59
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 11, 2014

Hello:

I like having the semicolon ; acting as a segment delimiter. I did change that for the relevant TM, creating a segmentation rule (with "Anything" before and after it in the rule definition). However, even after re-analyzing my whole current project, sentences with a semicolon are still shown as one segment, which I would then have to manually split in order to build my TM as I like it. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you

Théo

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:59
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
New project Mar 11, 2014

Re-analysing a project won't re-segment it.

You should add this new segmentation rule under your general option settings if that TM is in there, and if not, start a new project, add the rule, and then run the rest of the project wizard.

T o b i a s
T o b i a s
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Alt Mar 12, 2014

Alternatively, you can simply delete the file and re-add it to the project, and then subject the newly added file to the 'prepare' treatment. The new segmentation rule should take. I have used this method many times when trying to tweak segmentation rules.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segment delimiters - Semicolon ; rule - How to apply it

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »