Suzanne Deveson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:26
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 12, 2014

Hi,

I'm using Studio 2011 for the first time to translate a small document with a generous deadline. I have previously edited two files in Studio without any problems. Now I have to translate a file and I find that Control Enter doesn't move me to the next sentence. The status of the segment remains 'edited' (just the pencil showing). I created a TM myself and imported a tmx file into it, confirming the default settings when going through the wizard. I don't know whether that is anything to do with it, but any additional information may help.

This is probably something very basic, but I'm very new to the tool, so I would appreciate your help.

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

Suzanne

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Shortcut? Mar 12, 2014

If you've already been using the shortcut, there's not reason for it not to work now, unless you've changed it without realising it.
Go to general options (File>Options>Keyboard shortcuts>Editor) and scroll down to "Confirm and move to next segment". This should be set to Control+Enter.

Other profiles (SDLX, Trados) have other shortcuts for this action (Enter and Alt+Add), so it's possible that you've switched to another profile.

Edited to add: In Studio 2011 the path to shortcuts is Tools>Options>Keyboard shortcuts>Editor. The path above was for Studio 2014.

[Edited at 2014-03-12 15:06 GMT]

Suzanne Deveson  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - problem solved! Mar 12, 2014

Hi Emma,

Thank you so much for your help! For some reason, the shortcut listed there was Ctrl + Alt + Enter. I don't know why it was like that. I certainly didn't change it deliberately, but I changed it back to Ctrl + Enter and it's working now.

Thanks!!

Olav Karlsen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
"Confirm and move to next segment" Mar 14, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

If you've already been using the shortcut, there's not reason for it not to work now, unless you've changed it without realising it.
Go to general options (File>Options>Keyboard shortcuts>Editor) and scroll down to "Confirm and move to next segment". This should be set to Control+Enter.

Other profiles (SDLX, Trados) have other shortcuts for this action (Enter and Alt+Add), so it's possible that you've switched to another profile.

Edited to add: In Studio 2011 the path to shortcuts is Tools>Options>Keyboard shortcuts>Editor. The path above was for Studio 2014.

[Edited at 2014-03-12 15:06 GMT]

I have come across cases in Studio 2014 in which "Confirm and move to next segment" does not save certain segments, and even segments with 100 % match (green symbol) in which such an (accidental) operation has "unconfirmed" such a segment. The result is that Studio never displays the file as 100% translated when finishing the project. I haven't checked yet if the segment(s) in question nevertheless is exported so that the lack of confirmation is just an error or not.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2011 - Ctr + Enter doesn't save segment

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search