Why isn't the word count displayed in Studio 2014 after I chose "Pseudo-translate"?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Mar 13, 2014

Why isn't the word count displayed in Studio 2014 after I chose "Pseudo-translate"? Only "n/a".

I activated a project TM and several reference TMs, and chose to have only the project TM updated. Then I didn't selected the default choice in the last steps of project creation, but chose to pseudo-translate using my TMs and Google Translate. But why isn't the word count displayed after having done this? Normally, I get the word count displayed for each file in a project in Studio 2014.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:14
English
Take a look at the default task sequence... Mar 13, 2014

... in File -> Options. The Pseudo-translate batch task does the following:

- Convert to Translatable Format
- Cop to target languages
- Pseudo-translate
- Generate Target Translations

That’s it. There is no analysis or wordcount run. So this is why you don't see one.

If you have the Professional Version you can customise these tasks and you could add a wordcount into this batch task is you wanted to. But if you have the Freelance version you have two options:

1. Run two batch tasks. First Pseudo-translate and then a Wordcount.
  2. Get someone to show you the xml used for a customised task sequence in Professional and then copy and paste this into the xml file holding the task sequences so you have a customised Pseudo-translate you can use.

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why isn't the word count displayed in Studio 2014 after I chose "Pseudo-translate"?

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search