Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:10
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2014

Needed Operations:

1. Identify the best way to sequence file for translation.
2. Split "new translated content" into "edited" and "non-edited".

Case:

50 files merged, 20K segments
One translator and two proof-readers
Order of translation: translate file 1, use "+" sign in the files view to identify file 2 based on how many segments were auto-propagated in one of 49 files, translate file 2, identify file 3 based on how many segments were auto-propagated in one of 48 files
Inability to order the files pre-trados: files are separated into folders as follows: Folder 1 (Report 1, Report 2, Report 3), Folder 2 (Report 1, Report 2, Report 3). Report 1 Folder 1 has lots of cross-file hits with Report 3 Folder 5 and so on.

Question:

1. Do I go correctly about sequencing the translation of the files? Or is there a way to identify the number of cross-file hits differently? Anyhow, I guess that the best option is to identify the number of hits between file 1 and the other 49 files manually, comparing the translated percentages in files view.

2. I have placed the files in an incorrect order (and I don't want to place them correctly, since I just need to start from the segments above and then go as per the procedure above). I need to start translation in the following order:
1. segments 6000 -- 7000
2. segments 1000-3000
3. identify cross-file hits stats as described above.
The proof-reader would receive the comment that she needs to start proof-reading: 6000-7000, 1000-3000. She would filter "new translated content" to filter out any CMs and 100%s. How can she mark the segments that she has proof-read, so that proof-reader 2 can filter out the proof-read segments from "new translated content"?

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:10
English
Why not use the built in statuses? Mar 16, 2014

You can open a file as follows:

- For Translation
- For Review
- For Sign-off

When you do this the confirm operation stamps the segment with either "Translated", "Translation Approved" or "Signed-off". So if your different phases used these I think it may be a way to handle your workflow?

Regards

Paul

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Split "New Translated Content" Into "Edited and "Non-Edited"

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search