Trados Studio 2014 - segment numbering
Thread poster: Danielle Landry
Danielle Landry  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
English to French
Mar 14, 2014

Hi,

I would like to know how to renumber segments after a merge. Eg. segments 1 and 2 merged... it now jumps from Segment 1 to Segment 3.

Thanks for your help.

Danielle Landry

Direct link Reply with quote

Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:43
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Normal behaviour Mar 14, 2014

Dear Danielle,

I don't think there's an easy way to change this, certainly not within the SDL ecosystem. It's just the way Studio numbers the segments. If you ask me, it's a very sensible way to do that. If the segments were renumbered like you suggest, it would have to be re-done for every following segment every time you merge or split a segment. This would also mean that you could never be certain that a given segment always has the same number - doesn't make much sense, if you ask me.

Kind regards,
Erik

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2014 - segment numbering

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search