Thread poster: Worder Company
Worder Company
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:34
Russian to English
+ ...
Mar 14, 2014

I am translating a 20K-segment file.

I need to go back from time to time to make some corrections to other segments. Afterwards, I need to scroll back to the segment being translated.

What is the fastest way to return the segment being translated?

If I ctrl+F something, I would then use "Ctrl+Z & Ctrl+Y" combintation to get back to the segment being translated. However, I can't do that since I have just made a correction in another segment.

Of course, ctrl+Enter would not make do, since, just to have fun I translate, 5000-6000, 1000-3000, 15000-16000))

[Редактировалось 2014-03-14 20:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:34
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Shortcut for next untranslated segment Mar 15, 2014

Use the shortcut to go to the next untranslated segment. I think it's Alt+Enter by default (unless I've customised this shortcut).

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Inability To Shortcut To Next Untranslated Segment Mar 16, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Use the shortcut to go to the next untranslated segment. I think it's Alt+Enter by default (unless I've customised this shortcut).

Of course, ctrl+Enter would not make do, since, just to have fun I translate, 5000-6000, 1000-3000, 15000-16000))

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:34
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Bookmarks plug-in Mar 16, 2014

Andrew052 wrote:

Well, I was suggesting Alt+Enter, not ctrl+Enter, which simple confirms and moves to the next segment (regardless of its status).

However, I think the numbers in your comment mean that you jump around in your translation, so yes, I agree that the "next untranslated segment" may not be the one you want if you've jumped elsewhere.

In that case you probably need to install the bookmarks app from Open Exchange:
http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/bookmarksplugin-487.html?c=46919#46919

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yeah, but a different shortcut Mar 24, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Andrew052 wrote:

Well, I was suggesting Alt+Enter, not ctrl+Enter, which simple confirms and moves to the next segment (regardless of its status).

However, I think the numbers in your comment mean that you jump around in your translation, so yes, I agree that the "next untranslated segment" may not be the one you want if you've jumped elsewhere.

http://www.translationzone.com/openexchange/app/bookmarksplugin-487.html?c=46919#46919

I actually have this shortcut as -- ctrl+alt+enter. Yeah, I use it, but very rarely -- I would just edit the batch, like segments 1-100 and the ctrl+enter thru the them.

Worder Company
Russian Federation
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
bookmarking may be a good solution Mar 24, 2014

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

Andrew052 wrote:

Yes, thank you for your advice. Will try this out.

Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Estonia
Member (2012)
English to Russian
+ ...
Is there a similar plugin for Studio 2011? Mar 26, 2014

Is (was) there a similar plugin for Studio 2011?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quick Moves Across File

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search