Thread poster: Spiros Doikas

Spiros Doikas  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:02
Member (2002)
English to Greek
+ ...
Mar 17, 2014

I know there is a roundabout way of merging
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/218308-importing_trados_8_2007_tm_into_studio_2011.html#1893029

But wouldn't it be simpler to add the txt TM type in the TM import options? I am sure it would not require thousands of man hours to create an import filter.

I mean, it is like the legacy format of the same developer, not supporting it is kind of strange.

Direct link Reply with quote

Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 03:02
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Upgrade Mar 17, 2014

To convert a legacy txt TM to the new format you need to "Upgrade" it (from the Translation Memories view), as you noted. It works best for the first switch from a legacy TM to Studio, but it's obviously less convenient for updating an existing TM with legacy txt -based TMs, although I don't think that the latter is a common use case (and in my opinion, possibly not the most efficient workflow anyway).

Although I'm not sure, I think that the txt-based TM is being "upgraded" through TMX and not directly, so I guess that a "clean" import is a more complex issue than just adding the file type to the drop-down list.

[Edited at 2014-03-17 12:38 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Importing Trados txt TM in Studio 2014 TM

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search