Cannot save target file in word with studio 2014
Thread poster: Santiago1946

Santiago1946  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:45
French to Spanish
Mar 18, 2014

Hello,
I find this problem with a word file after translation "The "w.root" start tag on line 1 position 2 does not match the end tag of "w.p": Line 157, position 41,
and Trados Studio 2014 cannot save the target file... Can you help me¿ Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Try the following... Mar 18, 2014

Hi

Can you please try the following...

1. Make a backup of the source document.
2. Open the Word document
3. Remove the Table of Content (TOC) and save the changes.
4. Try to open the document in Studio.
5. Let it translate with the already used Translation Memory.
6. Try to save as target.

If it is working then open the target version document and re-create the TOC.

Kind regards
Richard Puschmann | Support Engineer | SDL | Language Technologies Division |

Have a problem with SDL products? Maybe you already can find an answer in our Knowledge Base here: http://kb.sdl.com
Here you find solutions to known issues and many more....
If you want to keep up-2-date with the latest released articles you can also follow me on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/Richard___P

Santiago1946  Identity Verified
French to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks. It's works now Mar 20, 2014

Thank you very much. It works for this file but in another file I find also "Enumeration already finished" and I can't save the targe file (word with studio 2014)...

MariusV  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 10:45
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
:( Jan 26, 2016

This is one of the most idiotic glitches of Studio 2014. I wish I knew I cannot touch or clean the temporary files without completing a 4-day project. Lost almost one working day trying to fix this problem...And was late (due to this) to deliver the translation to the client (had to work overnight to manage it on time). "Thank you", Studio 2014...

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Which glitch do you mean? Jan 26, 2016

MariusV wrote:

This is one of the most idiotic glitches of Studio 2014. I wish I knew I cannot touch or clean the temporary files without completing a 4-day project. Lost almost one working day trying to fix this problem...And was late (due to this) to deliver the translation to the client (had to work overnight to manage it on time). "Thank you", Studio 2014...

Marius

How does this relate to the problem described earlier in this post? Which glitch do you refer to?

Walter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot save target file in word with studio 2014

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search