Trados analysis function
Thread poster: Pierre52
Pierre52
Local time: 14:01
English to French
Mar 20, 2014

A Trados question pertaining to multiple files Trados projects.

When I run an analysis of a project consisting of several documents, I get a detailed analysis of all the documents based on percentages of match in my existing TM at the time.
Say I finish translating the first document file, with the expected expansion of the TM, and start with the second document file, which happens to have lots of similarities with the first. However when I rerun the analysis of the entire project (all files combined ) there are no changes in the analysis results for that second file, where there should have been. It's only if I create a new project with only that second file in it, then run the analysis again for that project, that I get an analysis reflecting all the duplications/similarities

Any indication of how to properly deal with this?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roy OConnor
Local time: 20:01
Member (2009)
German to English
No need to start another project Mar 20, 2014

As I see it there are two ways of doing this:

1. Start the project by only loading the first file which you translate. Then you load the second file into the same project. This file should then benefit from the expanded TM and show the corresponding fuzzies.

or

2. Make a copy of the second file with another name. Load this file into the same project, but specify "analysis only". This should then give you the analysis figures for the 2nd file based on the updated TM.

Don't forget that you have to change the files section to your source language to add files to a project. You then change it back to the target language to see the results of the analysis.

It's a bit of a work around, but the analysis is only normally done at the start of a project, (for your quote, etc.).

Pierre52
Local time: 14:01
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
reply to Roy Mar 21, 2014

Thanks - that's what I did. Just thought that would have been automatic.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados analysis function

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search